Decimals can be tricky for some students. To help, I use re-teaching as needed and regular review. An easy teaching resource to use for review and re-teaching are task cards. This post shares a free set of decimal task cards that reviews 5th grade decimal skills, along with ideas for using this decimals review with 4th and 6th grade students.
Using the Free Decimals Review Task Cards
These free decimal task cards can be used in a variety of ways depending on your grade level, your standards or instructional needs, and your students needs. Here are some suggestions:
4th Grade Math Teachers
- Enrichment – Use these task cards to enrich or challenge your students who are ready for more advanced decimal skills. You can pick and choose the ones that you think are most appropriate for your students.
5th Grade Math Teachers
- Daily Review – Use these decimal task cards as a spiral review after teaching your unit. Project or show a task card and have your students discuss the problem and then answer the question/task. This could be done whole group if all of your students need the review or it could be done in a small group setting. You could even do more than one card each day.
- Unit Review – These decimals task cards are great to use for review before you give your decimal assessment. They can be used for SCOOT style review or an Around the Room style review. You could even place them in a math center for your students to complete the days leading up to the assessment.
- Re-teaching – Use the task cards to re-teach and remediate for students still struggling after decimal instruction.
6th Grade Math Teachers
- Review or Re-teaching – These decimal task cards be used to review 5th grade decimal skills before diving into related 6th grade skills. These could also be used to support any re-teaching you need to do.
Decimal Skills Covered
In this decimal review task card set, there are 16 task cards in all. There is one task card per skill listed below:
- Naming Decimals
- Writing Decimals in Word Form
- Writing Decimals in Standard From
- Writing Decimals in Expanded Form
- Rounding Decimals
- Comparing Decimals
- Adding Decimals with Models
- Adding Decimals
- Subtracting Decimals with Models
- Subtracting Decimals
- Adding Decimals Word Problem
- Subtracting Decimals Word Problem
- Multiplying Decimals
- Dividing Decimals
- Multiplying Decimals Word Problem
- Dividing Decimals Word Problem
Download the FREE Decimals Review Task Cards Here
Click here or on the image below to download the free set of decimal review task cards with recording sheets and an answer key.
Want More Decimal Task Cards?
If you use these decimals review task cards and find yourself needing more, I have just what you need! In my Tpt store, I have a full set of 136 decimal task cards that review the same decimal skills as the free set shared on this post. The questions and tasks are completely different, so you can use the free set and this set. Click here or on the image below to check out the Decimal Review Task Cards in my TPT Store.
Shop This Post
Susan Wallace says
Thank you so much for your kindness during this difficult time! You are so generous and thoughtful; the world needs more people like you!